Canon FD Lens to Samsung NX Converter

I have a Samsung NX100 mirrorless camera that takes really great pictures, especially of people. I also own some great old 70’s era Canon FD manual focus lenses from the film days. So I bought a FD to NX converter to use my Canon FD lenses on my NX100. The converter came in the mail today and I took a couple test shots with it. I am very happy with the results so far and will do some more shooting with it once the weather improves around here. Here are a few samples from the camera and lens combo.

1 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography2 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography3 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography4 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography5 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography6 Samsung NX100 famous Canon FD 50mm 1.4 adapter - mirrorless camera - Rob Moses Photography

Advertisements

17 Comments

1. Amazing images Rob. There’s nothing quite like the mechanical precision of an old manual focus lens. There’s a tactile quality that modern AF lenses just aren’t designed to offer. Looks like you’re going to have fun with this combo!

2. I thought that I had posted before! These are just fabulous. I have an NX300, and this afternoon I received an adapter for the Canon FD lenses. I have taken a few shots with my 50mm lens, and I picked up this evening a Canon macro (50mm, f/3.5) and a 135mm prime (f/3.5 as well). I think that I’ll get an f/1.4 50mm–and maybe a lovely 85mm I saw at the shop . . .

1. Thats awesome!!! Your gonna get some Wicked shots with all thoses penses! 🙂 I was just out shooting with my set up again today, its so fun! I got a cool picture of some signs. I postes that picture on my Facebook page if your interested to see it 🙂 keep in touch, looping forward to seront your pictures!

3. Hi, Rob!

I’ve been posting a bunch of photos taken with my Samsung NX300/Canon combo. Here’s a link to some recent photos shot with the Canon 50mm f/1.4:

I don’t yet have the 85mm lens. Those tend to run pretty high. I do have a 100mm f/2.8 SSC, which was much cheaper. I purchased it last night and have only used it for one brief session (a few shots of flowers). But it’s clearly a beautiful lens.

I like having the manual aperture and focus. I am being forced to think more.

All the best,

Dan (Son of Sharecroppers, West Calhoun Hillbilly)

1. I just check out your pictures! They look great. Such a fun set up hey? I love how smooth those old lenses focus! It’s a joy to use. Anyhow, keep up the photos and I’ll drop in from time to time to check em out 🙂

4. Thanks, Rob! Yes, the setup is really fun. The Canon lenses are great. I really like the 100mm lens–very long on the Samsung, but the zone of focus is clean, and the defocused areas (the bokeh–a term that I find somewhat jargony) are very attractive.

5. Beautiful shots! I may get one of these bodies [i still have about 12 FD mount lenses including a 50mm f1.4, 35-105mm f 3.5, an 85mm f1.8, a 135mm f2.8, a 70-210mm f4, a 200mm f2.8, a 300mm f4, and a 600mm f4].

6. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any
    internet browser compatibility issues? A few of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.
    Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?